Office of the Public Auditor #
Mission Statement #
“We promote and advance government accountability and public trust through the prevention and detection of fraud, waste, and abuse of public funds, while maintaining the highest standards of independence, integrity, and professionalism” (Calendar Year 2022 Work Plan).
Strategic Vision #
- “Execute audits and investigations with the highest standards of integrity, objectivity, and diligence in accordance with the law, regulations, and professional standards. Operate with efficiency, effectiveness, and excellence.
- “Educate and enforce compliance with law and regulations.
- “Focus on governance to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse of public funds.
- “Communicate with stakeholders regularly and frequently to promote government transparency and accountability while advancing the public trust in government spending and operations.
- “Attract, develop, and retain top talent” (Calendar Year 2022 Work Plan).
Most Recent Reports #
The Northern Mariana Islands do not have an Office of the Inspector General.