We offer an annual two-hour training session for congressional clerks to strengthen their ability to provide administrative support for oversight investigations.
We offer a bipartisan, bicameral, two-hour workshop for committee and subcommittee clerks who provide administrative support for oversight investigations and hearings. The annual session, usually in January, is open to clerks from the U.S. House and Senate, committees and subcommittees, and the Democratic and Republican parties.
Meet our bipartisan roster of clerk workshop instructors
Meet our clerk training instructors
Clerk Oversight Workshop Materials
Materials used at the clerk workshops differ over time. The following information is a representative example.
Additional Clerk Workshop Information
Clerk Oversight Workshop No. 1
- Jan. 18, 2019
- Instructors: Elise Bean, Michael Baker, Sharon Davis, Mary Robertson, with introduction by Jen Barblan
- Workshop participants: 40
- Location: House Energy & Commerce Committee hearing room, 2123 Rayburn
Clerk Oversight Workshop No. 2
- Jan. 10, 2020
- Instructors: Elise Bean, Laura Kilbride, Laura Rush
- Workshop participants: 17
- Location: Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee hearing room, 342 Dirksen
Clerk Oversight Workshop No. 3
- Feb. 5, 2021
- Instructors: Elise Bean, Laura Kilbride, Kiley Bidelman
- Workshop participants: 13
- Online using Zoom platform